The job description is currently only available in English.
Wood K plus (Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH) is a leading research institute in the area wood and wood-related
renewable resources. Our team, Market Analysis & Innovation Research (MAIF) based at Feistmantelstraße 4,
1180 Vienna, is looking for a
Junior Researcher (30h)
We conduct research at the interface of technology and economy in order to provide customised information to shape innovation processes and contribute to sustainable development.
We are looking for a junior researcher for the environmental assessment of additive manufacturing technologies and novel straw based materials. You will work together with technology and material developers in two funded projects. Your task is to develop an assessment framework and conduct Life Cycle Assessment studies to support the further development of the mentioned technologies. The different additive manufacturing technologies are to be compared and environmental hot-spots to be identified. For the straw material development the task is to integrate LCA into the research and development process.
- Study of methodological approaches and development of adequate research design
- Independent collection & analysis of data
- LCA modelling
- Project reporting
- Presentation of results
- Support organization and implementation of workshops with stakeholder participation
- Completed Master’s degree in a field of study related to environmental impact assessment, engineering, systems analysis or natural resources management
- Experience with LCA or techno-economic assessments
- German language proficiency
Other desired qualifications:
- Interested in material technology and production processes
- Experience in LCA modelling with Open LCA (e.g. for master thesis)
- Project management skills and team player
- Full commitment to research and willingness to learn
What we offer:
- Full-time employment (30h/week) starting from March 2022
- Working in a diverse and dynamic research team
- Cooperation with academic partners and industry partners
- Possibilities for further education such as doctoral studies
- Flexible working hours
- Payment from 2.200,- EUR gross salary based on qualification and experience
If you are interested in this position, please forward your application (English or German) including
- Letter of motivation
- Research concept on how you would address the research problem focusing on the methodological approach (max. 3 pages)
- Certificate Master’s degree
- Copy of Master Thesis
- Publications and/or working papers (if available)
Please, combine the letter of motivation, CV, research concept, and certificate of Master’s degree into one single PDF file.
Place of employment:
Dr. Franziska Hesser, Team leader
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +43 1 47654-73518, www.wood-kplus.at) until 30.01.2022.