Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH provides R&D services in the area of Wood Chemistry and Wood Composites to industrial partners.
In our group Biotech-process Technology, we are looking for a motivated
Research Associate (f/m/d)
who will specialise in microbial fermentation processes for sustainable use of biomass in biorefinery systems. Position is supported by the research project “BioReduce”, where the aim is to simultaneously produce green chemicals and bioenergy.
What you will do:
- Lab-fermentation with diverse anaearobic organisms
- Further develop lab infrastructure, equipment for process automation
- Use Design of Experiments (DOE) approach to optimise bioprocesses.
- Analyse and interpret collected data.
What you bring along:
- You hold a Master´s degree with focus on biotech, microbiology, or on an equivalent field
- Have some experiences in microbiology and in (bio)chemical analysis
- Programming and engineering skills are a plus
- Solid English skills and interest in scientific writing
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of independency
- Challenging and dynamic working environment
- Work in an international, motivated and highly interactive team
- Access to international research and industry networks
- Flexible and independent research process
- Modern laboratories
- Further education possibilities
- Salary of € 2.500,00 (14 x per year)
- Limited employment for 12 months, extension possible - depending on project acquisition
Linz, Upper Austria
Dr. Jan Dolinšek, Tel.: +43/732/2468-6772, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org