The job description is currently only available in English.
The “Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH” (Wood K plus) provides research and development services for the industry in the field of wood composite materials and wood chemistry.
Within the Area “Wood Materials Technologies”, innovative adhesives are developed in the team "Advanced Bonding". Within the scope of our new project IMPRESIN, in cooperation with FunderMax and the BOKU University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, we are looking for a
Junior Researcher for a dissertation (PhD)
The aim of the dissertation is to develop a resin for paper impregnation based on renewable raw materials. Based on literature research and own ideas, recipes are to be created and realised. The resulting adhesives are to be tested with existing and novel self-developed methods.
The work comprises writing scientific publications in peer-reviewed SCI journals and the presentation of results at national and international conferences.
- University degree (master's, diploma), preferably in organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, food chemistry, or chemical engineering or a University Degree in Material Sciences with a high affinity for chemistry.
- High motivation, hands-on mentality, reliable
- PhD position supervised by BOKU University, Institute of chemistry of renewable resources
- Challenging and highly diversified field of activity
- Work in an international, diverse, motivated team
- Scientifically highly active environment
- Flexible, self-responsible work organization
- Modern laboratories and pilot plants
- Professional training and further education
- € 2.200,00 / Month (14 x per year) based on 40 hrs/Week
Place of employment:
Tulln (excellent connection to Vienna)
Dr. Erik van Herwijnen
Tel.: +43 1 47654-89137, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org